Pumpkin Bread with Coconut Milk
What you need
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (we love Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2/3 cup of Copra Coconut Milk, defrosted
- 2.5 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes
- Copra Coconut Nectar for drizzling/serving, if desired
step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8×4 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add the pumpkin puree, oil, and coconut milk, and mix until all of the flour is absorbed. Fold in the flaked coconut and toasted walnuts.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven, and cover loaves tightly with foil. Allow to steam for 10 minutes. Tent foil, and allow to cool completely.